People interpret what they sense (see, hear, smell etc) through a filter. The filter is what they have been taught or have learned to believe. Different people detecting the same or similar event may have vastly different ways of describing them.
Take for example the image above; a semi-transparent man, nearly invisible. People from different backgrounds would have different ways of describing him.
- People of Abrahamic faiths might believe the man to be an angel or demon depending upon his actions or words at the time he was observed.
- People who believe in aliens might think him to be from another planet, especially if he was assaulting cows with a sharp instrument or probing people’s anuses.
- Some people might think him to be a ghost.
- People of certain newer belief systems might gauge him based on the color he is, light, blue, red, gold or darkness even though he might be able to change that color.
- Some South Pacific Islanders (Chamorro People) might believe him to be Taotaomona, one of the “first people.” These beings can be detected because the foliage moves when they travel through it. They are known for stealing children.
- A North American Indigenous person might believe him to be a Sasquet, Skookum, Lofa or Shampe (Sasquatch). These were large hairy men that could move between the spirit realm and our reality at will. They could be incredibly dangerous and would lure people away from their villages.
- Some people would say he was a man who had learned Astral Projection.
We must become aware of the filters inserted into our psyche that cause us biased interpretation of things we experience.
John 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are your accusers? has no man condemned you? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn you: go, and sin no more. 12 Then spoke Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, You bear record of yourself; your record is not true.… 59 At this they picked up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself and left the Temple